Thursday 27 October 2016

My learning experience of "Modern & Contemporary American Poetry" (ModPo) - Online Course



Hello friends,

Recently I have completed my online course of “Modern & Contemporary American Poetry (ModPo)” and secured 99.8%.


Here is the screenshot of an e-mail which I have received by Coursera:

 

 

    My experience of learning was very good. I have not only learned poetic forms but also some life lessons like punctuality, multi-tasking, online learning and dedication towards work.

     In online course we don’t know our classmates properly. Every learner has to evaluate at least four assignments of fellow learners. We all are connected by our thought which we have reflected in “Discussion forum” and in “written assignments”.

     When I have got my fist review by Trish Shields, he appreciated my thoughts which I have reflected in my assignments and also pointed some errors. He also said he wants to read more about that poem by me. We can observe that on large platforms how people notice our little efforts and encourage us than only pointing out errors. When we participate in such course which contains large audience from all over the world, at that time we come to know about ourselves. 

here is the screenshot of his review:

 

 

    Marks which I have got are important for me but the more important part is reviews by my classmates and most of them were not only learners but professors and students of University. When these people appreciate and criticize my work I feel proud. I have also learned that how we can politely point out errors of students rather than underestimate or insult them.

 

Here I have shared my learning of every week; you can click on “Week” and read the blog.

 


Week 1 Walt Whitman – Dickenson Proto-modernist (Ch 1.1)

 

Week 2Whitmanians & Dickinsonians (Ch 1.2)

 

Week 3The rise of poetic modernism - Imagism (Ch 2.1, 2.2)

 


Week 4The rise of poetic modernism (Ch 2.3, 2.4)

 

Week 5 – Communist poets of 1930s and formalism of the 1950s (Ch 3, 4, 5, 6)

 

Week 6Breaking conformity: the (Ch 7)

 

Week 7 - The New York school (Ch 8)

 

Week 8Some trends in recent poetry L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E (Ch 9.1)

 

Week 9 - Some trends in recent poetry: chance (Ch 9.2)

 

Week 10Some trends in recent poetry: Conceptualism and Unoriginality (Ch 9.3)

 

I can’t include every chapter with detail in my blogs. These blogs are just an overview of the course. If you want to enroll the course you can visit:

 Modern & Contemporary American Poetry (“ModPo”).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment