Saturday 31 December 2016

આપી આપી ને તમે પીંછુ આપો - Poems by Vinod Joshi


    
Hello Friends,

     Today on 1st January 2017, I am writing my 101st blog. For a lazy person like me this was a long journey. I have completed a century of blogs and I want to dedicate my first blog of New Year to my favourite Poet and Writer.
      


     Vinod Joshi is one of my favourite poets. His poems easily connect with our heart and express our feelings. His famous works includes, Parantu (1984; collection of poems), Shikhandi (1985; long narrative poem based on Shikhandi), Radio Natak: Swarup ane Siddhant - 1986; Tundil-tundika (1987) and Zalar Vage Zoothadi (1991; collection of poems).


        Vinod Joshi as a poet connects to our heart but as a writer gives flow to our emotions. I am very lucky that I have got a chance to learn ‘Indian Poetics’ under his guidance. He is also the head of Gujarati Department in M. K. Bhavnagar University. I am the student of Department of English which is luckily beside Gujarati Department. I also got a chance to have his guidance in my assignment on “अभिज्ञान शाकुन्तलम्(Abhigyan shakuntalam). 

 

 

     All poems of Prof. Vinod Joshi is very beautiful and presents feminine sentiments at its best, but today I will deal with his two poems which are my favourite.

 

First poem is...

     From the beginning of the world, Men were the givers and women were takers. In this poem Poet has presented that concept in a different way. Beloved is asking for more love, respect and freedom from his lover. Morpankh is the sign of love but in contemporary world, wings are more important. Krishna has presented a Morpankh to Radha for expressing his love, but here poet is applying post modernism in his poetry.

       

      There is a beautiful imagery with metaphors of moon. No one can squeeze the moon in bowl... but the beautiful imagery presents the delicacy of a woman and her hard efforts to get her love. Here is the imagery of a bride which leaves her everything for her groom and that grooms leads her to the world of fantasy. Bride leaves her world and enters in the world of groom or we can say the world of dream. Groom supports her but actually the heart of woman wants a relation which is stronger than support.

   

      After accepting all these, when woman wants to recall her memories, she can only find less happiness and more sacrifice. What she wanted was a new vision and life from a groom or a lover but she has god tears only.

 

The second poem is...

 

 

       This poem is about pure love, where distance, language, physical existence and expectations do not have any importance. This is the connection of one soul with the other where ‘otherness’ of soul melt in oneness of ‘love’.

    

      Lovers can talk with each other, but language can destroy the meaning and it can harm the sentiments, so alternatively the language of body is not important for the connection soul. For lovers, stay together is not important when they can feel the presence of each other in their heart. There are no demands and no expectation in love. If we expect it becomes more conscious process. Love should be consciously unconscious.

    

     When we like a flower we pluck it, but when we love it we can only touch with feelings. In love ‘touch’ is not necessary because ‘touch’ dies with body, but sense is eternal. 

I have also an English version of this poem...


      I hope you liked the blog, please help me to improve my writing by giving your valuable comments. 

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment